St. Peter's Chapel

On the road to Tremosine among the olive trees you will find a small stone chapel called "S.Pietro in Oliveto" (St. Peter in the Olivegarden). This romanic chapel has already been nominated in a document from Urban III. Inside there is baptistery made of white marble and some marvellous frescos. Originally the inhabitants of Limone organized processions to this little chapel during which they used to pray St. Peter for their oliveharvest.
Todays' only remembrance of this tradition is the "

The Church of St. Rocco

This chapel is situated at the northern end of the town centre. It was built during the 16th century by those who survived the plague. Unfortunately the frescos and the little tower were seriously damaged during World War I. Some typical stone stairs lead you to this chapel where holy service is celebrated on St. Rocco's day (16th of August) and on the days of the holy rosary in may only.

The Church of St. Benedict

The Parish church dedicated to St. Benedict was built in 1691 by Andrea Pernis of Como, over the remains of a previous Romanesque chapel that appears to have been built before the XI century. Many artistic masterpieces are preserved in the chapel:
1. Main altar (1724) by Cristoforo Benedetti from Brentonico. The altar-piece (1574) shows the deposition attributed to Battista d'Angolo from Verona, as well known as the Moro. This piece is framed by two wonderful paintings from Andrea Celesti

Le Santelle

In addition to churches and chapels, numerous frescoes, crosses and niches with sacred subjects, commonly referred to as "capitŔi", testify to the profound religiousness that once existed here. Symbols of faith, hope or gratitude are placed on the fašades of houses, at crossroads and along the roadways that connected the village to the countryside ("via dei Capitelli" is typical in this sense) and the pathways that climb up towards the mountain. The population is particularly devoted to the "cap

Long life in Limone

Limone sul Garda, a nice resort with less than one thousand inhabitants on the western river of Garda lake, is famous all over the world for the presence in the blood of some of its inhabitants of a beneficial protein that eliminates cholesterol: a true "elixir of long life".

The small town, enclosedbetween mountains and the lake, was isolated in the past from the rest of the world. Thanks to this isolation, both with a series of lucky and fortuitous coincidences, the protein could sp

Powered by AgileSoft